Zeus Cave & Lasithi plateau tour from Heraklion
A half day tour which leads you into the wonderful myths of the mighty Zeus and his birthplace. Our first stop will be the monastery of "Kera Kardiotissa" which is dedicated to Virgin Mary and this is where people are making pilgrimages to pray for
relief from their sins.Then we drive south and reach the Plateau of Lassithi, which may have been
the crater of an ancient volcano. It numbers nearly ten thousand windmills.
The Plateau is a wonderfully cool and fertile area where you will see small
towns and a very warm welcome. We will make a lunch break in one of the local villages of Lasithi and then we will visit the "Dicti Cave " where Zeus the father of the Greek Gods was born. Upon returning to your hotels we will also make a short stop to marvel a traditional pottery factory seeing an ancient ceramic art, which completes today more
than 8.000 years of history. Return to hotels about 14:30-15:00.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort ( English speaking )
- Personal expenses ( lunch)
- Entry to Zeus cave 6€
- Entry to Kera Monastery 2€
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Things you must have with you:
b) A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses ,camera
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.