Yacht Tour to Gramvousa & Balos lagoon starting from Chania
Upon departing from the Old Venetian Harbor, we set sail for the northwestern tip of Crete to the historical island of Gramvousa. We travel by 35 knots velocity and we reach there in only 55 minutes!
The 16th century (1579 - 1584) Venetian Castle which is situated at the highest point of the island was constructed by the Venetians to protect the island from the Turkish expansionism. One can follow the path from the beach which leads to the castle. Member of our crew accompanies you at the castle and informs you about the local history. Once there, one is truly compensated by the magnificent view. It overlooks Balos and the other neighboring islands of Wild Gramvousa and Antikythera. Be photographed in the shipwreck. We have the ability to offer photo album of your daily activities and even underwater photos!
We then continue our visit to Balos Lagoon. One of the most beautiful beaches in the world! Swim in the crystal clear bluish - green seawater, walk across its shallow waters, take memorable photos of the exotic landscape, indulge in the sun's warm rays and simply relax on the white sandy beach which surrounds you. The unspoilt, wild natural beauty will most definitely reward you! This area is part of the protection program of ''Natura'', because of its rare flora and fauna.
For lovers of extreme adventure we provide equipment for snorkelling. Enjoy a once in a life time experience on your own private and exclusive cruise!!
TRIP ITINERARY :
Recommended departure with boat at 9:00 a.m.
- 1st stop for swimming Balos Lagoon
- 2nd stop Gramvousa island
- Duration 7 hours
- Private Skippered Yacht Cigala 45ft ( 1 – 10 persons)
- Lunch packet per person
- Snorkelling equipment
- A bottle of water, refreshment beer or wine for every person
- Liability insurance, local fees and taxes
- Transportation from and to Chania Old harbor that can be arranged upon request with an extra cost.
- For the registartion documents in coast guard we require the day before the following documents: Full Name ,Nationality, Passport number.
- This trip is not recommended for people that have boat sickness or maybe fear of speed or water as well as non-swimmers and people with mobility problems. Also it is not recommended to bring children under 5 years old .
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.