Spinalonga & Agios Nikolaos tour starting from Rethymno
Join us in a tour to the famous Leper island and the picturesque small town of Agios Nikolaos in the eastern side of the island of Crete. We will make a stop for some free time at the lake of Agios Nikolaos with its numerous little shops and bars and after that we drive to the village Elounda. We will set sail to Spinalonga island for a 1,5 hour guided tour. The island has an air of Venetian and Turkish periods while roaming through the old houses and alleys and explore the fortress to arrive at a more recent and moving part of history: The first half of the 20th century when Spinalonga was the last Leper Colony of Europe. After our visit to Spinalonga we will have 2 hours of free time to stroll through the small seaside village Elounda, have a refreshing swim or enjoy the local cuisine.
Duration : from 07:00 a.m – 19:30 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English, German speaking)
- Personal expenses ( lunch and drinks)
- Entrance to Spinalonga island €8
- Boat ticket 5 €
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes or sandals
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- Swimsuit and towel
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.