Samaria Gorge private tour starting from Chania
Samaria Gorge private tour starting from Chania. The National Park of the Samaria gorge is one of the longest gorges in Europe. A walk of 16 km and an altidute of 1230 metres will amaze you and create one of your most exciting tours in Crete. The spectacular view of the White Mountains ( Lefka Ori ) the rare flora and fauna of the gorge as well as the famous "Iron Gates" (Sideroportes) will amaze you as you are descending to the end towards sea level where you can find the small coastal village of "Agia Roumeli". A journey to Crete could never be considered complete unless you haven’t paid a visit to the Samaria gorge.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- Our Escort-Mountain Guide and driver will drive you to the Omalos Plateau where the entrance of the Samaria gorge is after picking you up from your hotel in the morning.
- During the drive you will be explained all the necessary information for your hike and also our guide will collect the entrance and ferry fee so you can skip the line of the ticket offices.
- Before the hike you will have the opportunity for a quick stop of breakfast or coffee at a local tavern if you wish.
- After a 1 hour drive you will start your hike at your own pace. Our guide will be always with you in case someone needs help.
- After a 5-6 hours walk you will arrive at the village of Agia Roumeli. Free time for lunch ( optional) or a swim at the Libyan Sea.
- At 17:30 p.m, you will get on the ferry to Sougia village where our driver will be waiting for you to return you back to your morning pick up point. An amazing 1 hour ferry ride near the south coastline of Crete.
- A long but beautiful trip has come to its end accompanying you with the most amazing memories !!!Approximate return 20:00 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Escort – Mountain Guide ( English, German & Greek speaking)
- Maximum participants 7 persons.
- Entrance fee to the Samaria gorge: 5 € ( children until 15 yrs old don’t pay entrance fee)
- Ferry ticket to Sougia: 13 € ( children until 11 yrs old pay half ticket)
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- The hike is neither suggested for people suffering from heart problems or from health conditions of the lower extremities nor for pregnant women.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes such as trainers and socks as well as a jacket for the morning breeze.
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water to refill inside the gorge
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cash for entrance fee & ferry fee
- We kindly ask you to comply with the rules of the Park and respect the flora and fauna of this magnificent place.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.