Samaria Gorge lazy way starting from Chania
If you don’t wish to walk the whole Samaria gorge this is a nice way to do the tour without stressing over the 16km long walk. By doing the Lazy way of the gorge you will not miss the spectacular views of the White Mountains ( Lefka Ori ) and the entrance! Walk the gorge from the end until the Iron Gates or until wherever you feel like . Swim at the Libyan sea and taste typical Cretan food at one of the small taverns in Agia roumeli.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel early in the morning (about 6:00 a.m) and we drive you with our bus and Escort-Mountain Guide to the Omalos Plateau where the entrance of the Samaria gorge is.
- During the drive you will be explained all the necessary information you need as you will be meeting the group afterwards.
- We will make a quick stop of breakfast or coffee at a local tavern.
- Upon arriving at the entrance feel free to take some beautiful pictures and admire the gorge from above.
- Afterwards you will continue with the driver to Sougia village to catch the ferry that leaves to Agia roumeli village at 9:00 a.m . 1 hour boat ride will lead you to the end of the gorge . You can either pay for the entrance and walk the gorge from the end or stay for a swim and lunch at the village until the rest of the group arrives.
- At 17:30 p.m you will again embark on the boat to Sougia with the group to bring you to the bus and of course back to Chania.
- A long but beautiful trip has come to its end accompanying you with the most amazing memories !!!Approximate return 20:00 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort – Mountain Guide ( English, German & Greek speaking)
- Entrance fee to the Samaria gorge: 5 € ( children until 15 yrs old don’t pay entrance fee)
- Ferry ticket to Sougia and back : 18 € ( children until 11 yrs old pay half ticket)
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- The hike is neither suggested for people suffering from heart problems or from health conditions of the lower extremities nor for pregnant women.
Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes such as trainers and socks as well as a jacket for the morning breeze.
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water to refill inside the gorge
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cash for entrance fee & ferry fee
- We kindly ask you to comply with the rules of the Park and respect the flora and fauna of this magnificent place.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.