Rethymno-Chania-Lake Kournas tour starting from Heraklion
On this tour you will have the chance to see the other 2 big cities of Crete which are Rethymno and Chania as well as the only natural lake of Crete the Kournas lake.
Our first stop will be Rethymnon which is a graphic Cretan town, so characteristic and unique, that nothing similar is met anywhere else on the island of Crete. Rethymno is a romantic city with more of a provincial air and a place one falls in love at first sight. Visitors are able to feel the positive vibes of the city from the very first moment, making them feel at home.We will have time to relax at the beautiful scenery at the old port of Rethymnon.
Second stop will be the old town of Chania which comes second in size on the island and is the sixth biggest city in Greece having approximately 100.000 residents. Its Venetian walls and harbor, narrow streets, and old buildings from the Venetian and Turkish period are mostly intact and take you directly to the past. The old harbor, where the small fishing boats can moor, is a perfect place to enjoy a coffee, have your lunch and observe the liveliness of the city. It’s a great place for shopping too.
During our return to Heraklion a short stop at the lake of Kournas is also scheduled. Lake Kournas is the only natural sweet water lake in Chania. For those who want, there is a possibility to make a tour in the lake on pedals, or just walk around the lake and swim.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English, German or French speaking)
- Croissant ,sandwich & water bottle or juice.
- Personal expenses ( lunch and drinks)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time. For pick ups from the Heraklion city center please note that there is an extra cost of 3€ for the transfer.
- Tour duration : about 12 hours
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.