Matala hippie beach starting from Heraklion
Come with us to the famous Matala beach tour for a day of relaxation and swimming. Also known as the hippie beach ,Matala is famous for the carved caves in the rocks that you can see from the beach.
On this tour you will have plenty of time to discover the caves , swim in the clear waters, have lunch at one of the taverns and sunbath under the warm sun. The beautiful sandy beach is 300m long, with fine gravel and crystal clear deep water. The beach is very well organized with umbrellas, toilets, showers, lifeguard, first aids, beach volley courts, snack bars, water sports, excursion boats, a camping site, etc.
Before we arrive in Matala, we make a short stop in Kaliviani Monastery. Kaliviani is a typical example of a foundation that offers help and charity to poor and needy people. In 1956, the bishop Timothy Papoutsakis created a Christian Foundation based in the monastery.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English & German speaking)
- Personal expenses ( lunch and drinks)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time. For pick ups from the Heraklion city center please note that there is an extra cost of 3€ for the transfer.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes or sandals
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- Swimsuit and towel
- Duration of the whole trip is about 8 hours.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.