Kournas lake-Plakias village-Argyroupoli tour starting from Rethymno
A visit to the southern part of crete should not be missed. On this tour we will visit gorges ,mountains ,traditional villages, churches, and beaches.
We will make a stop at Kournas which is the only fresh water lake on Crete. After that we drive through the country side to the village Argyroupoli where we will have a a short walk into various periods of Cretan history to end up in the present again while enjoying a coffee or a juice. During the drive that follows you will notice changes in the scenery as we are approaching the south coast of Crete.
Upon arriving at the coastal village of Plakias you can spend time at the beach, have a meal or stroll through the village. On the way back to Rethymno we drive through the Kourtaliotis Gorge where we stop so you can take pictures of this amazing and wild landscape.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 09:00 a.m ) and we drive you with our bus and Guide towards the south part of Crete.
- During the drive you will be explained all the information for your tour and about the villages and places we drive through .
- We will make a stop at the famous Kournas lake ( 1,5 hours) and at the village Argyroupoli for a visit at the Ancient Lappa site.
- Main stop at Plakias village for a swim and lunch( 2,5 hours) .
- Return to Rethymno about 17:30 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort ( English, German speaking )
- Personal expenses ( coffee , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Things you must have with you:
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Swimsuit and towel
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.