Knossos-Heraklion City starting from Heraklion
Come with us to visit one of the most popular attractions in Crete, the Palace of Knossos. Our professional guide will guide you through a journey of 5000 years, into myths, legends and learn the secrets of the oldest civilisation in Europe, the Minoan. The archaelogical site covers an area of 22.000 m2 ! During the guiding you will hear all about the legendary labyrinth and the Minotaur (the half-human monster).The guiding will take about 2 hours.
After that we will be driving from Knossos until we reach Heraklion city, where we will visit the old market in the town Centre – the Lion’s square – where you will have the opportunity of shopping around or you can pay a visit to the newly renovated Archaeological Museum which exhibits traditional material from ancient period( about 2,5 hours free time). As you are walking on the streets, you will grab the atmosphere of being a local and feel the buzz around you. Afterwards we will visit the Church of Saint Titos which is a beautiful church and an important monument for the town of Heraklion.
Return to Hotels about 17:00-18:30
DUE TO COVID-19 VISIT TO MUSEUM WILL BE UPON YOUR WILL
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English or German or French speaking)
- Personal expenses ( lunch and drinks)
- Knossos entrance fee:15.00€ (free if you are citizen of EU until 25 yrs old or child until 5 years old of NON –EU country) or combination ticket 20 € ( Knossos palace & museum) or reduced admission 8€ ( granted to citizens of EU over 65 years old)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Tour duration : about 12 hours
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.