Knossos & Heraklion city starting from Chania
A journey back in time!! Visit the palace of King Minos and learn about the Minoan civilization that flourished during the Bronze age. Many myths are connected to this place such as the myth of Daedalos and Icaros as well as the famous myth of the Labyrinth and the Minotaur.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 07:00 a.m ) and we drive you with our bus and Guide towards the eastern part of Crete to the city of Heraklion.
- During the drive you will be explained all the information for your tour and our guide will collect the money for the entrance of the palace so that you can skip the lines.
- We will make a small stop for breakfast or coffee over the city of Rethymno.
- After 2 and a half hours of driving we will arrive at the archaeological site of Knossos where our professional guide archaeologist will be waiting for you to guide you around the palace for 1 and a half hour. The guiding is in English and you will be given whisper microphone systems.
- Afterwards we will have time to stroll around the city of Heraklion for lunch ,shopping or even visit the archaelogican museum of Knossos as well.. Free time there is about 3 hours.
- On our way back we will make a quick stop for a refreshment and at about 18:00 we will be back in Chania city.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort ( English speaking)
- Professional guide archaeologist
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Entrance ticket 15€ (free if you are citizen of EU until 25 yrs old or child until 5 years old of NON –EU country) or combination ticket 20 € ( Knossos palace & museum) or reduced admission 8€ ( granted to citizens of EU over 65 years old)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
Things you must have with you:
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cash for the entrance tickets
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.