Knossos & Heraklion city starting from Rethymno
A journey back in time!! Visit the palace of King Minos and learn about the Minoan civilization that flourished during the Bronze age. Many myths are connected to this place such as the myth of Daedalos and Icaros as well as the famous myth of the Labyrinth and the Minotaur.
After driving towards the east we will arrive at the Palace of Knossos (about 2 hours free time to join a group if you wish or wander around on your own).
We will continue our tour to the heart of the capital city of Crete Heraklion. A visit to the archaeological museum of Heraklion if you wish or 4 hours free time for shopping or tasting local cuisine at one of the numerous taverns.
Approximate return time: 17:30 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Entrance ticket 15€ (free if you are citizen of EU until 25 yrs old or child until 5 years old of NON –EU country) or combination ticket 20 € ( Knossos palace & museum) or reduced admission 8€ ( granted to citizens of EU over 65 years old)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Things you must have with you:
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cash for the entrance tickets
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.