Jeep Safari to the secrets of wine & olives starting from Rethymno
Experience the secrets of wine and olive production in combination with a safari tour that will show you the best panoramic views of the area. We will travel through beautiful little villages , areas with dense vegetation towards our first stop to Klados winery in Panormos. You will be welcomed by the the owner of the winery and you will start your tour with a wine tasting experience and some traditional Cretan snacks .
Our next stop after passing through the villages of Milopotamos (Dafnedes, Apladiana, Agridia) will be the historic Halepa Monastery, that used to be a refuge for Cretan rebels. The amazing view of Psiloritis and Mylopotamos area from the monastery will indulge you to take some beautiful photos. During the drive we may be lucky enough to see some wild eagles and goats from a near perspective.
Continuing our off road adventure we will visit an olive mill in Melidoni village. There you will be guided in three different olive oil factories (ancient handmade production, by the help of diesel engines and modern production with centrifuge) and you will learn everything about the olive harvesting the olive oil production and of course taste some traditional olive oil. As it will be almost lunch time we will introduce you to the real Cretan cuisine in a tavern in Melidoni village where you can taste Cretan delicacies and let you feel the very essence of the renowned Cretan hospitality. On the way back we will follow an easy asphalt route through the national road before we reach back into Rethymnon town.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( between 8:30a.m – 9:30 a.m )
- Visit a winery tour with tasting and snack platter
- Visit an olive mill tour with olive oil tasting
- Marvel old olive trees, vineyards and Cretan villages
- Lunch with Cretan delicacies
- Duration 6- 7hours , Distance : 145 km , Altidute : 500 m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seater) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Traditional Cretan lunch (we can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies)
- Liability insurance, local fees and taxes
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- The trip is not recommended for people who have mobility or back problems, car sickness as well as pregnant women or for children younger than 7 years old as we do not provide baby seats. It is also not recommended for people taller than 195cm and more than 130 kg.
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.