Jeep Safari Tour to Rodopou Peninsula and Menies Beach starting from Chania
Start your day with a small group safari adventure that leads you to the beautiful Rodopou Peninsula and swim in the crystal clear waters of Menies beach.
After picking you up from your hotel/villa we will be following the coastline towards Kolymbari . While we pass through the villages of Afrata, Astratigos towards Rodopou peninsula we admire the panoramic view of Chania Bay from the one side and the White Mountains from the other. Before our off-road adventure starts we will have the time to take some great photos. The area we pass through has a wild beauty that will amaze you.
After one hour of off- road driving we reach Ancient Diktynna’s “private’’ beach which is called Menies, a secluded lovely beach with pebbles and crystal blue waters. It is a place that is not affected by the wind blowings and has a sense of isolation far away from the urban centers and other crowded beaches. You will have plenty of time to explore the area, swim and enjoy your lunch packages provided by us .
After you have enjoyed a refreshing swim in these crystal waters we will follow the road back to your hotel driving through picturesque villages. A unique safari escape with beautiful memories has come to its end.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( between 8:30a.m – 9:00 a.m )
- Off road tour to Rodopou Peninsula
- Visit and swim at secluded Menies beach
- Individual lunch packs
- Duration 7- 8 hours , Distance : 110 km , Altidute : 530 m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seater) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Traditional Cretan lunch (we can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies)
- Liability insurance, local fees and taxes
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- This tour is not recommended for people who have mobility or back problems, car sickness as well as pregnant women or for children younger than 7 years old as we do not provide baby seats. It is also not recommended for people taller than 195cm and more than 130 kg
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers ( 4 people). If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.