Jeep Safari to the Secrets of Wine and Olives starting from Chania
On this tour we would like to entroduce you to the secrets of the production of wine and olives through a safari tour that will forever stay in your memories !
Our safari drive begins after we pick you up from your hotel or accommodation towards Terra Creta olive oil mill for a tour at the mill and olive oil tasting. As our day tour continues we will visit Karavitakis winery for wine tasting accompanied by interesting information, for example the secrets of high longevity in Crete! Afterwards we head to the village of Ano Vouves to marvel the ancient olive tree ( 3000 years old) and learn about the history of olives. Our adventure off-road route starts heading towards Sebronas village and as we cross a gorge with a picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation and panoramic views. There, on our way through the gorge we will have plenty of opportunities to take photos of picturesque chapels, sheep, goats, bees, sprawling vineyards and gorgeous olive groves.
After working up an appetite we arrive at a small village tavern in Nea Roumata, where we will introduce you to the Cretan cuisine with plenty of local food and let you feel the very essence of the renowned Cretan hospitality. On the way back we will follow an easy asphalt route through orange and lemon trees before reaching back to Chania town.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( between 8:00a.m – 9:00 a.m )
- Visit an olive oil mill to enjoy a tour with tasting
- Visit a winery to enjoy a tour with tasting
- Marvel at 3000 years old ancient olive tree
- Taste traditional Cretan lunch
- Duration 7- 8 hours , Distance : 110 km , Altidute : 700 m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seater) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Traditional Cretan lunch (we can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies)
- Liability insurance, local fees and taxes
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- The trip is not recommended for people who have mobility or back problems, car sickness as well as pregnant women or for children younger than 7 years old as we do not provide baby seats. It is also not recommended for people taller than 195cm and more than 130 kg.
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.