Imbros gorge starting from Heraklion
Imbros gorge is the 2nd most popular Cretan gorge after the Samaria gorge.This gorge situated at the Sfakia region is only 8 km long and the walking time is about 2,5 hours. Despite being much smaller than the Samaria gorge there are some very spectacular sections especially some very narrow passages that will absolutely amaze you. It is an ideal gorge for families with children.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 8:00a.m) and we drive you with our bus and Escort-Mountain Guide to the entrance of the Imbros gorge towards Sfakia village.
- During the drive you will be explained all the necessary information for your hike from our mountain Escort.
- Upon starting your descent you will have to pay the entrance fee of 2,5 € .You walk at your own pace and not with the whole group. Our guide will be always at the end of the group in case someone needs help.
- After a 2,5 hours walk you will arrive at the end of the gorge ( Komitades village)where our buses will be waiting for you to bring you to the famous Frangokastello for a swim or lunch.
- Return to hotels and your tour has come to its end !!!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort – Mountain Guide ( English & Greek speaking)
- Entrance fee to the Imbros gorge: 2,5 €
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time. For pick ups from the Heraklion city center please note that there is an extra cost of 3€ for the transfer.
- The hike is neither suggested for people suffering from heart problems or from health conditions of the lower extremities nor for pregnant women.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes such as trainers and socks as well as a jacket for the morning breeze.
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water to refill inside the gorge
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cash for entrance fee
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.