Imbros gorge Private tour starting from Chania
Imbros gorge is the 2nd most popular Cretan gorge after the Samaria gorge.This gorge situated at the Sfakia region is only 8 km long and the walking time is about 2,5 hours. Despite being much smaller than the Samaria gorge there are some very spectacular sections especially some very narrow passages that will absolutely amaze you. It is an ideal gorge for families with children.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 9:00 a.m) and we drive you with our mini van and Escort-Mountain Guide to the entrance of the Imbros gorge towards Sfakia village.
- During the drive you will be explained all the necessary information for your hike from our mountain Escort.
- Before the hike you will have the opportunity for a quick stop of breakfast or coffee at a local tavern to taste a local Sfakian pie with honey or in greek “ Sfakiani Pita”.
- Upon starting your descent you will have to pay the entrance fee of 2,5 € .You walk with the company of our guide if you wish or at your own and meet again at the exit.After a 2,5 hours walk you will arrive at the end of the gorge ( Komitades village)where our mini van will be waiting for you to bring you to the picturesque village of Sfakia for a swim or lunch. You have 3 hours free time .
- At about 18:00-18:30 p.m you will be back in Chania city. Your tour has come to its end !!!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned mini van .
- Escort – Mountain Guide ( English & Greek speaking)
- Entrance fee to the Imbros gorge: 2,5 €
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- The hike is neither suggested for people suffering from heart problems or from health conditions of the lower extremities nor for pregnant women.
Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes such as trainers and socks as well as a jacket for the morning breeze.
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water to refill inside the gorge
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cash for entrance fee.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.