Gramvousa & Balos starting from Rethymno
Discover one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The Balos lagoon is every year at the top 10 beaches in the world.The combination of the unique scenery and the crystal clear waters of this place is what makes it perfect. During the ferry ride one can admire the phenomenon called ‘’Elevation of Crete’’ which you can see clearly at the cliff edges of this side .At the Gramvousa island a venetian fortress is to be found from where the views are more than spectacular. A boat cruise that is not to be missed!!
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 07:45 a.m ) and we drive you with our bus and Guide towards the southwestern part of Crete to the port of Kissamos.
- During the drive you will be explained all the information for your tour.
- Upon arriving at the port our guide will inform you in which boat you will embark. The guiding inside the boat will be done through microphones in several languages.
- After departing (about 10:20a.m ) you will reach within an hour the island of Gramvousa. You have 2 and a half hours free time either to walk up to the fortress or stay for a swim.
- Second destination is the Lagoon of Balos which you reach in 20 minutes. You will have 3 hours to enjoy this heavenly landscape.
- At 16:30 p.m the boat departs for the return to the port. On board you can enjoy your meal through the self service restaurant where traditional Cretan dishes will be offered.
- At the port our buses will be waiting to bring you back to your place and a wonderful day will come to its end. Approximately in Rethymno at 20:00 p.m .
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort ( English speaking)
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Boat ticket 27 € + 1 € municipality fee ( children until 11 yrs old half price)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
- Things you must have with you:
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cash for the boat tickets
- We kindly ask you not to take with you the pink sand and respect the flora and fauna of this magnificent place.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.