Elafonisi beach starting from Heraklion
A tour in a small paradise on earth. Elafonisi island and beach is a place of white sand dunes, crystal clear turquoise waters and coral–pink sand. Our Cretan Maldives is waiting for you to discover. Elafonisi island is situated at the southwestern part of Crete .You will reach Elafonisi driving through small traditional villages such as Elos and Topolia into the lush green landscapes and the White mountain chains of the famous “Lefka Ori ‘’. Elafonisi island is considered to be a protected area by Natura 2000 as it is the natural habitat of rare and endangered animal and plant species.You can walk through the shallow waters from the main beach to the island where you can also find a memorial for the historical events that happened at this place.
While driving along the road of our return we will reach Elos, a village built in a landscape full of chestnut and plane trees. There, under the plane trees you will have your dinner.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel early in the morning and we drive you with our bus and Guide to the western part of the island of Crete.
- During the drive you will pass through small traditional villages and the breathtaking Topolia gorge.
- Arrival at the beach about 10 a.m !!!Plenty of time to enjoy this paradise.
- Return from Elos village where you can enjoy a traditional dinner.
- Return to hotels about 21:00 p.m
- A long but beautiful trip has come to its end accompanying you with the most amazing memories !!!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English & German speaking)
- Personal expenses ( lunch,dinner)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time. For pick ups from the Heraklion city center please note that there is an extra cost of 3€ for the transfer.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes or sandals
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- Swimsuit and towel
- The bus trip to Elafonissi takes almost 3-4hours. Duration of the whole trip is about 15 hours.
- Due to environmental law, it is forbidden to take sand from the beach or to enter the sand dunes
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.