Elafonisi beach starting from Chania
A small paradise on earth. Elafonisi island and beach is a place of white sand dunes ,crystal clear turquoise waters and coral –pink sand . Our Cretan Maldives is waiting for you to discover. Elafonisi island is situated at the southwestern part of Crete , about 1,5 hour drive from Chania city.You will reach Elafonisi driving through small traditional villages such as Elos and Topolia into the lush green landscapes and the White mountain chains of the famous “Lefka Ori ‘’. Elafonisi island is considered to be a protected area by Natura 2000 as it is the natural habitat of rare and endangered animal and plant species.You can walk through the shallow waters from the main beach to the island where you can also find a memorial for the historical events that happened at this place.
TRIP ITINERARY :
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning ( about 08:00 a.m ) and we drive you with our bus and Guide towards the southwestern part of Crete.
- During the drive you will be explained all the information for your tour and about the villages and places we drive through as well as the story behind the Elafonisi island .
- We will make a stop for coffee or breakfast at the cave of Agia Sophia ( 30 minutes).
- Upon arriving at the beautiful Elafonisi beach you will have 4 hours to relax and enjoy this lovely place !!!
- On our way back we will make a lunch stop at the village of Elos where you can taste typical Cretan cuisine .
- Approximate return in Chania 19:00 p.m
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort ( English & Greek speaking , Danish speaking upon request)
- Personal expenses ( breakfast , lunch)
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location.You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time.
Things you must have with you:
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Swimsuit and towel
- We kindly ask you not to take with you the pink sand and respect the flora and fauna of this magnificent place.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.