Cruise to Chrissi island starting from Heraklion
Come with us to an unforgettable cruise to one of the southern points in Europe, the Golden Island. Chrissi island has a unique cedar forest, pure white sand dunes, white sand beaches and a sea with unbelievable tropical colours. This island of 4,743 square kilometers is a protected area by the program of Natura 2000. One can say that it is a piece of paradise on earth and a gem in the Mediterranean.
With soft music playing in the background, we will be sailing for about 1 hour in the emerald waters of the Libyan Sea starting from the port of Ierapetra. The self-service bar of the ship shall remain open throughout the cruise, offering light meals, with salads, wine, soft drinks, coffee and ice creams.
You will stay on the island for about 4,5 hours . You can relax on the beach under an umbrella or take a long walk along the beach and marvel at the millions of colorful small shells. At the point of disembarkation there is a path that goes through the cedar forest and ends up in an exotic beach named Belegrina or Chrissi Ammos. You can also you walk west of Belegrina, where the next beach is situated called Hatzivolakas. This area is more quiet surrounded by large cedars about 200 years old.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Boat ticket
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Escort Guide ( English & Russian speaking)
- Personal expenses ( lunch and drinks)
- 1 € Municipality Fee
- Upon booking this tour please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the nearest pick up point and time. For pick ups from the Heraklion city center please note that there is an extra cost of 3€ for the transfer.
- Things you must have with you:
- Proper shoes or sandals
- A hat and sunscreen
- A bottle of water
- Swimsuit and towel
- Duration of the whole trip is about 12 hours.
- Please bring your own face masks to wear during the bus drive as a Covid-19 precaution.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.